who_leo

30 October 2010

Waking up with a cramped neck

I woke up this morning
with a bite mark on my neck
it's as if a vampire sucked my blood
and fed off the rich amber plasma
pumping through my veins.

I am distraught
though not surprised
for blood suckers
theres lots of them hiding about
and usually easy to spot
unless you are blind
and unbeknown to their dance.

I don't know where this one came from
or how it came to be perched upon my neck
it's not as if I haven't had to host
one or two parasitic worms in the past
but this time I didn't even know
I was feeding the fires of their desire
by letting my heart pump with blind rage
at the disfiguring games they admire.

Now one wonders
how to dispatch this succubus
from draining life
and keeping the myriad of dreams
from surfacing through to be writ.

It's as if everything is stunted
when theres not a reason to be trumped
by the freedoms and the thoughts
that life ought to be on point.

These blood suckers though
they sure know how to hang on
and drain every drop of repose
that you have saved for yourself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very clever poem, I liked it !!

Well done :)

who_leo said...

we all encounter vampires of one sort or another.