who_leo

12 September 2010

Parted lips succumb, my sweet succubus.

It was late at night
as we drove on the road
her eyes never met mine
she said
“Hey baby I'm tired and down
gona have to call it a night.”

So we went right home,
where could we go?
everywhere else was a dam
we rolled up to here
and had a smoke
as we mingled in the dark.

I never did tell her that I would mind
if we would just call it a bust
and it even did cross her mind
that one day we would be true
and it could be you
who's playing the fool.

She never did explain
what she meant
by hanging on to my heart
it wasn't fair by any means
I never even had a chance
it was true
I figured it'd be you.

I went to kiss her goodnight
and her face turned away
I will never understand
the reasons for her nay say.

She said she had to travel the world
to find some kind of peace
that there were better ways to die off
than to go in your sleep
she said it's true
I'm even loving you.

If I knew what truths lay hidden in your eyes
I would write them down for you to read
If I could read the Braille upon your skin 
I would whisper it in your ear.

"I thought what I'd do
was I'd pretend
I was one of those
deaf-mutes."
Run amok
consume consume consume

All along though,
one truth shone through.
that this True Love is True
just between the two

yes its you.

No comments: