who_leo

12 September 2010

Sour Marmalade

Sometimes the lights are too bright,
life can glow of amber green.
Times we spent in it's Haze
would often seem fuzzy and free.

She'd walk in the door and say:

Hey Baby Baby, it's been
so long since I've been held.
Hey Baby Baby, I've got
a kiss to share with you.

Deep into her eyes so blue,
lighting up the room with brilliant stars.
He once learned what love could be
from a girl he kissed in the dark.

A smile so sweet it could entice
The coldest heart within a mile
until one day she came in twice
her golden locks flowing on her head.

We knew not what it would mean,
until the warmth of our kiss,
the subtle touch of our skin,
it seemed to linger on for days.

She'd walk in the door and say:

Hey Baby Baby, it's been 
so long since I've been held.
Hey Baby Baby, I've got 
Kiss to share with you.

Then one day she up and went
into the limelight of night.
Never to be seen by him again.

One kiss can last a lifetime,
if only a memory.
The way her eyes shone so bright.
When she said:

I know it has been too long
so now it's time that we go.
Theres no point to fall in love
when we have so much to know.

Theres so little to be lost.
Oh boy! She once said to me.

Hey, Baby Baby it's been
so long since I've been held.
Hey Baby Baby I've got
a kiss to share with you.

It was wonderful to see
Oh this love that could have been.
Just as easily as she
came in
she left today.

It was all a wonderland
covered in sweet marmalade,
but even the sweetest things
will turn sour one day.

No comments: