who_leo

12 September 2010

My lust for you

            There is something about the way she moved from one place to another, her body shifting seamlessly through space. I wanted to hold her, whisper sweet words close to her ear. That day though, the General stands before me, telling me what to do, and who to talk to. I am not afraid of him anymore.

            Such a tricky thing, trying to get a note across to her. It took 4 days for me to find someone who was going to the other side of the base. We weren't allowed to see one another, for it was declared wrong by them, and so we were separated. We needed one another so bad though, it showed every time we met.

            A few days later I finally received word from her. A luster came off the lipstick she had used to kiss the note. I touched it lightly with my fingers, feeling her lips vicariously through this piece of paper. It smelled of her perfume, with her neat hand writing and lovely hand drawn letterhead of a red blooming rose. Above all was the astute manner through which she sent the note. I thanked her messengers with a cup of sugar. They were more than happy.

            To think this letter had gone to 3 other camps before reaching him. All from just about a mile away.

            "I want to see you. It's been far too long, and all I want is for you to hold me in your arms. I miss the scent of your body, the warmth of your soul. Please, meet me at the water maintenance station in 3 days time from the next drill."

            Her note went on to speak about her times in the barracks, the lack of food and how hard they were being worked. It wasn't for another 6 days that the alarm went off. Surely another drill. I took this opportunity and sneaked past the out houses, then in between the men's barracks, where I could see two men holding each other inside. Any time to be alone is as good as any, I guess.

            When I finally made it to the water treating station I went past the massive holding tanks, through a small corridor that was formed in between them, then onto the courtyard located at the center. As I walked out, the sun shone onto my eyes, slightly blinding me. The green grass waved with the winds gentle touch, a cool breeze that came down upon me cooled my skin, I could feel her in the air. There was a bench in the middle, I could see her sitting there. Blue sweater, jeans, and her blond hair. It's all I could see from behind, but I could recognize her anywhere, especially her scent.

            As I approached her, there was a warm stinging sensation in the middle of my back. Suddenly, my shirt started to turn a ruby red. My hands are trembling, it feels like I'm drowning. It hurts to breathe, my mind is loosing focus. Falling forward to the ground, I see her turn around. She doesn't know.

            "GO!" I try to belch out. It is too late though, she is already running towards me. I can't say anything, the pain makes me pass out. But my thoughts, even in the darkness, are of her.

            I am awoken by a bright light, laying on grass face up, this place feels different right now. Pain is gone, but so are my clothes. I'm now in all black, the places where the blood once was at it's sharpest ruby red only the brightest white appears. I look around, there is nothing but green as far as the eye can see. Small yellow, red, and purple flowers lay scattered about in random patches.

            There is no one around, it seems like I'm the only one. I Wait around for a couple of hours and contemplate where I could be. Nothing feels the same, even the flowers seem to have a mind of their own, for as I pass through them, it's as if they are staring  at me. Their pistols sniffing at me from every which way. I don't really get it, and even find it kind of endearing, but I continue on. I manage to make it to a tree where rest in the shade is calling me, for as soon as I sit the tree cradles me into it's roots and molds into my body.

            All I can think of still is her, nothing else really comes to mind. She would love those playful flowers. I hope she's ok. I lay here to rest, under this tree, and I hope that she's going to be alright. There was never a need to say this, but, I really would wait a lifetime to be with you. Even if it means waiting here for you.

            After a few months, I've come to the conclusion that this place is on a small hill.  A small hill covered with flowers and green soft grass that are often covered in dew. As the sun begins to set, there is a green glow emanating from everything because of it. I am flabbergasted, all I can do is just stare at the wondrous glow, it's different every time. It seems like the sunset takes forever, but the beautiful play in light, colors, and oh the sweet memories it brings back to me. How thankful I am. How I wish I could have told you all those times, that you were my Ssica all along.

            Hours turn into days, days into months, and months into years. Yet all I can do, is wait here, hoping I'll see her soon.

No comments: