who_leo

22 September 2010

When I get home at night

When I get home at night
sometimes I look over
at the empty parking spaces
hoping
that I will see your car
and that you will be here
waiting for me to get home.

So we can talk
so we can mend
so we can forget
so we can be free
from all of the hate.

If something so wonderful
as this should pass
it would be too beautiful
and a dream that never lasts.

I wish that things were different
that you would just listen to your heart
and not the lips of others
for they spew lies
and the solemn truth is
that I love you.

It's not so difficult
to figure out
that I would fall in love
with someone like you.
You are all I've dreamed of
everything wanted in a lover
friend
partner.

Now I sit here
in my car
in my parking lot
waiting for headlights
that will never shine my way
waiting for a voice
parted lips that whisper
it's ok.

Oh woe full night
without my sour lover
how I miss her voice
her warm embrace
the smile of that girl
is all I needed
to fall in love.

No comments: