who_leo

09 September 2010

SlipknotStitches

When I think about you
the rest of the world is dulled.
There is nothing that matters
nothing that could make me worse.
Manic and persistent
I find the moments dearest
and pretend that it's how it used to be.
We are young
I'm 19 and you 17
and it's the second time we've met.
Yet
we've been talking for years
and every word I hear from your lips
is an accentuation
a reason
for me to be here
to be near.
I still don't know why I left
maybe I never thought
that the life of an artist
could keep us.
That was yesterday.
Today is twisted
and cold.
We haven't seen each other
since those faithful days
when we spent nights
lost in conversation
and warm embrace.
Still you say you love me
and still we share the same
childish emotions
for one another
as we did then.
What we used to hold dear
has withered
but we are still the same
here for the other
to lick the wounds of life and living
shoulder to lean on
voice of comfort to our lonely ears.
So we thread on
loving something about one another
that no one else will ever understand
no matter how much they pretend to.

No comments: